[comp.graphics] RGB 1024x768 monitor

jonson@opus.megatek.uucp (Henrik Jonson) (10/06/89)

I'm looking for an RGB 1024x768 monitor - the 13" NEC Multisync 3D is the most
visible, in terms of advertising and seems to be in the $6xx range.
What experience have you had with it, what did you pay, from what dealer ?
What alternative is available (Sony, Seiko, ...) at what price, from whom ?
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

ward@eplrx7.UUCP (ward) (10/09/89)

From article <764@megatek.UUCP>, by jonson@opus.megatek.uucp (Henrik Jonson):
| I'm looking for an RGB 1024x768 monitor - the 13" NEC Multisync 3D is the most
| visible, in terms of advertising and seems to be in the $6xx range.
| What experience have you had with it, what did you pay, from what dealer ?
| What alternative is available (Sony, Seiko, ...) at what price, from whom ?
| Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm in the market for a multisyncing monitor to hook up to a super VGA card
and would appreciate any suggestions also.  The cheapest prices I have seen
for a NEC 3D(all advertised in Computer Shopper) are:

$589 Harmony Computers
     1801 Flatbush Ave.
     Brooklyn, NY 11210
     (800)441-1144 (orders)
     (718)692-2828 (info)

$595 Acma Computers, Inc.
     117 Fourier Ave.
     Fremont, CA 94539
     (800)666-8898 (orders)
     (800)666-7868 (info)

Also, I believe the Sony 1304 is a 1024x768 multisyncing monitor.  It can
be had from Harmony computers for $649.  Let me know what you find out.

Rick
--
    Rick Ward                         |        E.I. Dupont Co.
    uunet!eplrx7!ward                 |        Engineering Physics Lab

neil@calvin.ksu.ksu.edu (Neil Erdwien) (10/11/89)

In article <860@eplrx7.UUCP> ward@eplrx7.UUCP (ward) writes:
>From article <764@megatek.UUCP>, by jonson@opus.megatek.uucp (Henrik Jonson):
>| I'm looking for an RGB 1024x768 monitor - the 13" NEC Multisync 3D is the most
>| visible, in terms of advertising and seems to be in the $6xx range.
>| What experience have you had with it, what did you pay, from what dealer ?
>| What alternative is available (Sony, Seiko, ...) at what price, from whom ?
>| Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a NEC 3D, being driven from an Orchid Pro Designer VGA+.  I paid
$599 for it and I am very pleased.  The resolution, especially in the corners,
is much better than the Zenith 1490 Flat Tension Monitor.  The only criticism
I have is that the cover on the front that covers some control buttons is
rather flimsy.  Mine doesn't fit quite right.

Neil Erdwien
Kansas State University
neil@ksuvm.ksu.edu  or  neil@calvin.ksu.ksu.edu

jxh@cup.portal.com (Jim - Hickstein) (10/13/89)

I suppose you know about the NEC MultiSync XL.  It does 1024x768 with a
Video-7 VRAM VGA; it does even more bits deep (I think 6) with the extra
$50 of RAM.  It is ***20 inches*** across (diag.)!  For the first time in
my life, I have enough room!  (Somebody told me to buy real estate :-)

The price is rather above the 13-inch jobs, though: about $2250 if I
remember correctly.  Interestingly, 1024x768 is the best it can do.  I had
hoped for something along the lines of 200MHz for the money. Oh, well.

-Jim Hickstein
jxh@cup.portal.com
...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!jxh