[comp.graphics] need vgaimage.exe

ss@wpi.wpi.edu (Scott N Streeter) (10/19/89)

Are there any ftp sites out there were i can find VGAIMAGE.EXE, to convert
  .tif to .gif. Please e-mail me or post replys.
			Thanks.
				ss@wpi.wpi.edu

Hoke@cup.portal.com (Hoke S Johnson) (10/21/89)

Scott and others interested in VGAIMAGE

I am Hoke Johnson, and wrote VGAIMAGE.EXE, the last version of VGAIMAGE
that I put out was version 1.1 which was sent out May or June of 1989,
If you like I can mail you a copy of that version which can handle up
to a 320x200 image on a standard VGA or a 640x480 and 800x600 image on
an Orchid Designer VGA card.  I have a new version that I have working
but it is not finished with testing which uses an auxillary disk file
to buffer the image and can handle larger images than can fit in the
display memory of VGA graphic cards.  It can handle images atleast as
big as 1200x1000 pixels.  The new version also supports the 360x480x256
color mode on the standard VGA card which makes the standard VGA look
much better for displaying large Gif images.  I posted version 1.1 to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc in June of 1989, maybe you can find it there, if
not send me a mail message and I'll mail you a copy of 1.1 or else if
you can wait a week or so, I can send you the new version after I finish
testing it.

Hoke Johnson

hoke@cup.portal.com

pottera@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Alan T Potter) (10/24/89)

In article <23219@cup.portal.com> Hoke@cup.portal.com (Hoke S Johnson) writes:

>The new version also supports the 360x480x256
>color mode on the standard VGA card which makes the standard VGA look
>much better for displaying large Gif images.
>
>Hoke Johnson

Erm - this is one I haven't heard of.  Can someone direct me to more
information about this?  The highest-res 'standard' VGA 256-colour mode I
knew of was 320x200.  Is this something new?

regards,
Alan

--
|  Janet  : pottera@uk.ac.glasgow.cs        |  JH, Comp Sci Department,    |
|  USEnet : mcvax!cs.glasgow.ac.uk!pottera  |  University of Glasgow       |