[comp.graphics] Still video camera images...

pbreslin@alias.UUCP (Paul Breslin) (10/26/89)

I'm trying to gather information about still video cameras such as
the Canon RC-250 (xap shot) and the Canon RC-470 which store images
on a 2 inch floppy. The xap shot brochure refers to a "High-Band format
agreed upon by the Electronic Still Camera Standardization Committee".
Does anyone have information about this format? If so, please post it.

Is anyone aware of devices for reading images from these disks into
a system via RS232/SCSI/whatever?

Thanks in advance for any info.

lee@mrmoose.wbst128.xerox.com (Lee Moore) (10/27/89)

In article <559@alias.UUCP> pbreslin@alias.UUCP (Paul Breslin) writes:
>I'm trying to gather information about still video cameras such as
>the Canon RC-250 (xap shot) and the Canon RC-470 which store images
>on a 2 inch floppy. The xap shot brochure refers to a "High-Band format
>agreed upon by the Electronic Still Camera Standardization Committee".
>Does anyone have information about this format? If so, please post it.

We have a Canon still video set-up.  The 2 inch floppy stores an *analog*
color video signal.  The floppy can store 50 fields or 25 full frames.
We use the playback unit to generate TV signals which we digitize with
a frame grabber.

Supposedly the floppy format is standard among several Japanese
companies such as Canon and Sony.

Lee Moore -- Xerox Webster Research Center -- +1 716 422 2496
UUCP:		{allegra, decvax, rutgers}!rochester!rocksanne!lee
Arpa Internet:	Moore.Wbst128@Xerox.Com