[comp.graphics] Freelance to Wordperfect 5.0 file transfer

raj@einstein.eds.com (Raj Bajaria) (11/22/89)

I am using Lotus Freelance 3.0 and want to transfer Drawing/Chart files to
Wordperfect 5.0.  I already tried Export from Freelance, it creates .CGM
file format but I lose quality of Curves, lines and text font.   I also
tried Meta file format and same result.  Now Wordperfect suggests that
I should use EPS file format but FL3's EPS file does not work with WP.
Any suggestions/comments and/or other software applications that I can
use?
Please E-mail at raj@einstein.eds.com

Raj Bajaria

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (11/26/89)

In article <27@einstein.eds.com> raj@einstein.eds.com (Raj Bajaria) writes:

>I am using Lotus Freelance 3.0 and want to transfer Drawing/Chart files to
>Wordperfect 5.0.  I already tried Export from Freelance, it creates .CGM
>file format but I lose quality of Curves, lines and text font.   I also
>tried Meta file format and same result.  Now Wordperfect suggests that
>I should use EPS file format but FL3's EPS file does not work with WP.
>Any suggestions/comments and/or other software applications that I can use?

You can capture the drawing from the screen into EPS (encapsulated postscript)
using a program called SCRtoPS (screen to postscript).  It is available
from Offe Enterprises (708-357-6679).  What it creates is a bit-mapped
version of the screen image.  If you're looking for a vector version of
the image, I don't know of any utilities.

Venu P. Gopal
att!ihuxy!vgopal