[comp.graphics] Help required on ray tracing

cmp7112@sys.uea.ac.uk (N.R. Beadman) (11/25/89)

Hello

I'm a third year graphics student at UEA, Norwich and I desparately need two
papers on Distributed Ray Tracing :-

These are :-

	Cook R.L - "Stochastic Sampling and Distributed Ray Tracing"
		   (Unpublished as far as I know)

	Cook R.L - "Practical Aspects of Distributed Ray Tracing"
		   SIGGRAPH 1986 - Developments in ray tracing course notes
				   (August 1986)

If someone could tell me where I could get these papers I would be most
grateful. I will pay for the postage if anybody fancies posting them to me.
Mail me if you want the address.

Also could anyone tell me how to subscribe to Ray Tracing News as at the
moment I have to pick it off the news every time.

Thanks in advance.

	Nick Beadman

P.S Sorry if this appears twice but I don'ty think it got out the first time.

3ksnn64@pur-ee.UUCP (Joe Cychosz) (11/29/89)

In article <803@sys.uea.ac.uk> cmp7112@uea-sys.UUCP () writes:
>papers on Distributed Ray Tracing :-
>
>These are :-
>
>	Cook R.L - "Stochastic Sampling and Distributed Ray Tracing"
>		   (Unpublished as far as I know)

Published in two places (Sort of):
	Cook R.L - "Stocastic sampling in computer graphics."
		   ACM Trans. Graph 5(1) 51-72, Janurary 86.

 		   "Stochastic Sampling and Distributed Ray Tracing"
		   Chapter 5, An Introduction to Ray Tracing,
		   Glassner, Andrew S., Academic Press.

>	Cook R.L - "Practical Aspects of Distributed Ray Tracing"
>		   SIGGRAPH 1986 - Developments in ray tracing course notes
>				   (August 1986)
		   Parts of this paper are in Chapter 5 above.

>If someone could tell me where I could get these papers I would be most
>grateful. I will pay for the postage if anybody fancies posting them to me.

Joe