[comp.graphics] Current version of QRT??

ander@pawl.rpi.edu (Michael R. Primm) (12/09/89)

Hello all,
    Can anyone tell me if my version of QRT (V1.5) is the latest version??
If not (or even if so), where can I find the new versions when they are
released??  Thanx!
                                                    --Mike Primm

kory@avatar.UUCP (Kory Hamzeh) (12/11/89)

In article <G'-Y6+@rpi.edu> ander@pawl.rpi.edu (Michael R. Primm) writes:
>Hello all,
>    Can anyone tell me if my version of QRT (V1.5) is the latest version??
>If not (or even if so), where can I find the new versions when they are
>released??  Thanx!
>                                                    --Mike Primm

QRT 1.5 is the lastest version. You can get QRT and a lot of other
graphics related stuff (MTV raytracer, Ray Tracing News back issues) from
my system via anonymous uucp.

Avatar is an archive site which archives Ray Tracing News, comp.source.unix,
comp.sources.misc, and other goodies. Archived files can be access by any
one using anonymous uucp file transfers. A list of all files in the archive
can be found in avatar!/usr/archive/index. Note that this file is quite
large (about 40K). If you are only interested in the graphics related
archives, snarf the file avatar!/usr/achive/comp/graphics/gfx_index.

Before trying to access avatar, your L.sys file (or Systems file, depending
on which flavor of UUCP you have) must be edited to contain the following
info:

#
# L.sys entry for avatar.
#
# NOTE: 'BREAK' tells uucico to send a break on the line. This keyword
# may vary from one flavor of UUCP to another. Contact your system
# administrator if your not sure.
#
# 1200 baud
avatar Any ACU 1200 18188847503 "" BREAK "" BREAK ogin: anonuucp
#
# 2400 baud
avatar Any ACU 2400 18188847503 "" BREAK ogin: anonuucp
#
# 19200 baud (PEP mode) for Telebit Trailblazers only
avatar Any ACU 19200 18188847503 ogin:-\n-ogin: anonuucp

After the previous lines are entered in you L.sys file, you may use the
following command to get the index file:

    uucp avatar!/usr/archive/index /usr/spool/uucppublic/index

For graphics only related archives, use this command:

    uucp avatar!/usr/archive/comp/graphics/gfx_index /where-ever-you-want-it

Enjoy,
--kory

Kory Hamzeh             UUCP: avatar!kory or ..!uunet!psivax!quad1!avatar!kory
                    INTERNET: avatar!kory@quad.com