[comp.graphics] Graphics upgrade: HELP, please!

ACSTEELE@amherst.bitnet (Irie Andy) (12/09/89)

Can anyone give some info on how to modify my Leading Edge for graphics
capability? It is a Model "D", 512 K, and I'm using a monochrome Epson monitor
(MBM-2095-E) with resolution stated as "750 at center."I'm not completely
computer illiterate, but I'm certainly no whiz. I'm looking for an in-
expensive upgrade that would allow me to view .macs and play games. Help
would be greatly appreciated, either posted here or sent directly via VAX
(Bitnet) to ACSTEELE@AMHERST. Thanks, and Happy Holidays, all.
Andrew.

woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) (12/13/89)

In article <8672@amherst.bitnet>, ACSTEELE@amherst.bitnet (Irie Andy) writes:
> Can anyone give some info on how to modify my Leading Edge for graphics
> capability? It is a Model "D", 512 K, and I'm using a monochrome Epson monitor
> (MBM-2095-E) with resolution stated as "750 at center."I'm not completely
> computer illiterate, but I'm certainly no whiz. I'm looking for an in-
> expensive upgrade that would allow me to view .macs and play games. Help
> would be greatly appreciated, either posted here or sent directly via VAX
> (Bitnet) to ACSTEELE@AMHERST. Thanks, and Happy Holidays, all.
> Andrew.

Since you have a monochrome monitor, what you want in a Hercules or Hercules
compatable mono-graphics card.  Through mail-order discount shops, these should not cost over $39.00
problably can get one for $45-50 at your local discount computer store.

Cheers

Woody Baker