[comp.graphics] GIF file format request

john@cooper.cooper.EDU (John Barkaus) (04/05/89)

Sorry to have to post this but my reply bounced back:

> To: uunet!mimsy!arizona.edu!rrw%naucse.UUCP (Robert Wier)
> From: mstan!cooper!john@arizona.edu
> Subject: Gif Format
> Date: 3 Apr 89 16:33:06 EST (Mon)

 Bob -
 > If you havn't managed to get the GIF file format specifications, drop me
 > a note and I will mail them to you...

	Thanks for the reply. I do not need the GIF file format specifications
anymore.  I received the specifications on GIF and LZW compression along
with C source to encode and decode GIF files.

			Thanks,
				John

         John M. Barkaus at the Cooper Union, NY, NY.
           INTERNET: john%cooper.cooper.edu@cmcl2.nyu.edu
                   UUCP: cmcl2!cooper!john

pcarew) (12/09/89)

Could some kind person please send me the file format for 'GIF' files?

Thanks.

--

Paul Carew                              Tel w:  (602)395 5203
Siemens Transmission Systems Inc.,          h:  (602)375 8671

PHB100@PSUVM.BITNET (12/13/89)

In article <6458@stsusa.com>, pcarew@stsusa.com (Paul Carew
(602)395-5203,uunet!stsabq!pcarew) says:

>Could some kind person please send me the file format for 'GIF' files?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Paul Carew                              Tel w:  (602)395 5203

Me too please.  In fact, if there is one source for all the commonly used
graphix formats, could someone point out where I could find it?

thanx.

-------
In the dark, no one can hear the color of your eyes...

Paul Baughman
   AKA Unka Paul              |   Student Support Initiative
   AKA The Man From UNKA      |
   AKA The Cloned OP          |   227C Computer Building
   The Consultant's OP        |   University Park  PA   16801
   The OP's Consultant        |   (814) 865-2160

ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan) (12/14/89)

In article <89346.155404PHB100@PSUVM.BITNET>, PHB100@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
> Me too please.  In fact, if there is one source for all the commonly used
> graphix formats, could someone point out where I could find it?

GIF format is available in PD1:<MSDOS.GIF> as GIFDOC.ARC on
simtel20.arpa, and TIFF format has just been uploaded to
PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS>.

					Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron@woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +