[comp.graphics] Algorithm needed for Voronoi diagram

vajapeyam@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Sridhar Vajapeyam) (01/10/90)

Hi,
	I need an algorithm/program to construct Voronoi diagrams/ Delaunay
triangulations in 3-D. Any help in accessing such software or some pointers
about where I can look for something like this will be greatly appreciated.
	Also, I came across some reference to a method of constructing 3-D
convex hulls from Delaunay triangulations. Anybody know any more details
about this?

Thanks in advance......					Sridhar.

cen466p@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (01/16/90)

In article <5455@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU>, vajapeyam@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Sridhar Vajapeyam) writes:
> Hi,
>       I need an algorithm/program to construct Voronoi diagrams/ Delaunay
> triangulations in 3-D.

You can look in :
  Watson D.F., The Computer  Journal, vol 24, No2, pp:167-172, 1981.

I also have some queries.

 (1)  Similar to Euler relationship for planar graph, is there any
relationship between the number of vertices, triangles and edges
when the vertices are scattered over the surface of a cylinder
and on a torus?

 (2) Is there any standard method of triangulation on a cylindrical surface ?
Any pointers is appreciated.

 (3) When triangulation is done on sets of points with each set is the replica
of other but for an origin shift, will the triangulation repeat itself for
every set (all sets are taken together for triangulation) ? I am sorry if this
question is not very clear.

    Many TAs.                     Partha
                         E-mail: cen44p@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au