[comp.graphics] File format request #999,753,234,906: TARGA format

larry@csccat.UUCP (Larry Spence) (01/12/90)

OK, I'll make it short, since this has been asked millions of times.
Can someone give me an address to obtain a copy of the TARGA file
format?  I assume someone at Truevision can steer me in the right
direction.  Thanx in advance.

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat

jchristy@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Jim Christy) (01/13/90)

Call Shawn Steiner at Truevision.  Number: 317/841-7732.

Shawn was very helpful and even Federal Expressed the Targa File format
document to me.  I had a bad experience with one of Truevision's
VAR's, but they are really responsive in person.

Jim H. Christy
Hewlett-Packard, PCG
974 E. Arques Ave. MS 72UT
Sunnyvale, CA 94086

jchristy@hpspcoi.hp.com

woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) (01/14/90)

> OK, I'll make it short, since this has been asked millions of times.
> Can someone give me an address to obtain a copy of the TARGA file
> format?  I assume someone at Truevision can steer me in the right
> Larry Spence
I'd be interested also.  I have seen a targa file converter somewhere
on some bbs.  I may or maynot hav grabbed it.  If I run across it I'll
let you know.  Also look at PCX, ..
Cheers
Woody

richard@pantor.UUCP (Richard Sargent) (01/17/90)

> From: larry@csccat.UUCP (Larry Spence)
> Date: 11 Jan 90 23:01:52 GMT
>
> OK, I'll make it short, since this has been asked millions of times.
> Can someone give me an address to obtain a copy of the TARGA file
> format?  I assume someone at Truevision can steer me in the right
> direction.  Thanx in advance.

Write to:
	Truevision, Inc.
	7340 Shadeland Station
	Indianapolis, IN 46256-3925
or call:
	(317) 841 - 0332
or FAX:
	(317) 576 - 7700
and ask for their document entitled "Truevision TGA File Format
Specification Version 2.0". Page 5 clearly spells out the differences
between Version 1.0 and 2.0.

I have no idea whether there will be a charge for the document.

They recommend, and I agree, that you should write to support
Version 2.0, which will recognize Version 1.0 as well.

Richard Sargent                   Internet: richard@pantor.UUCP
Systems Analyst                   UUCP:     ...!mnetor!becker!pantor!richard