[comp.graphics] HPGL to Postscript needed

debbie@das (Debra A. Callahan) (01/25/90)

I have a program running on a IBM PC clone which generates graphics
files in the HPGL format.  I have an Apple Laserwriter which uses
Postscript.  I am wondering if there are any translators out there
which will convert the HPGL file to Postscript on an IBM PC.

Thanks,
Debbie

debbie@das.llnl.gov

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (02/02/90)

In article <45779@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> debbie@das (Debra A. Callahan) writes:

>I have a program running on a IBM PC clone which generates graphics
>files in the HPGL format.  I have an Apple Laserwriter which uses
>Postscript.  I am wondering if there are any translators out there
>which will convert the HPGL file to Postscript on an IBM PC.

You can capture the graphics from the screen into Postscript using either
SCRtoPS (about 49 dollars) or PIZAZZ (about 150 dollars ???).  SCRtoPS is
available from Offe Enterprises 708-357-6679.

If you want more than screen capture i.e. font generation etc. from
vector graphics files, I don't know.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!ihuxy!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@ihuxy.att.com