[comp.graphics] Need help on Plotting HPGL files

mcooper@sunb0.cs.uiuc.edu (02/06/90)

/* Written  7:36 pm  Feb  5, 1990 by sivanes@milton.acs.washington.edu in sunb0.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.graphics */
/* ---------- "Need help on Plotting HPGL files" ---------- */

	I have some graphics files in HPGL format generated in an Apollo and
want to plot it on a HP Plotter connected to an IBM PC.  How would I go about
doing this? Please help me.  I already have the files transferred to my PC.

Please email to

sivanes@milton.acs.washington.edu

Thanks in advance.
/* End of text from sunb0.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.graphics */

Assuming they are uncorrupted, simply type the following at the dos prompt:

[d:][path]filename > com1

(assuming of course, that you plotter is attached to com1 (the RS232 port on
most machines...)  )

darcy@druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) (02/08/90)

In article <23900003@sunb0.cs.uiuc.edu> mcooper@sunb0.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>/* Written  7:36 pm  Feb  5, 1990 by sivanes@milton.acs.washington.edu in sunb0.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.graphics */
>
>>	I have some graphics files in HPGL format generated in an Apollo and
>>want to plot it on a HP Plotter connected to an IBM PC.  How would I go about
>>doing this? Please help me.  I already have the files transferred to my PC.
>>

>Assuming they are uncorrupted, simply type the following at the dos prompt:
>
>[d:][path]filename > com1

small correction:
    copy [drive:][path]filename com1:

and don't forget to set up the com port (MODE command).

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid)     |   Thank goodness we don't get all
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   the government we pay for.