[comp.graphics] Sun Raster Conversion Utilities

robiner@iris.usc.edu (Steve Robiner) (02/08/90)

First of all, thanks to everyone who responded to my last query
about Sun Rasters.  Also, I've read the weekly posting and this
situation is not covered there.

The big problem though is that all the available software for
doing conversions to SUN Raster require the SUN LIBRARIES
and I have to compile this on either a Harris HCX-9 or an
Ardent Titan ( both BSD Unix 4.2 machines ).

So, the question is: does there exists any Non-Sun, non-Vax
depedant TIFF,PICT,or other MAC-format to SUN Raster converter.
I've already tried the FBM and PBM packages, and neither of these
work.

Could some kind soul out there please send or direct me to any
such utility or package?  Thanks in advance,

=Steve=

jef@well.sf.ca.us (Jef Poskanzer) (02/09/90)

In the referenced message, robiner@iris.usc.edu (Steve Robiner) wrote:
}The big problem though is that all the available software for
}doing conversions to SUN Raster require the SUN LIBRARIES
}I've already tried the FBM and PBM packages, and neither of these
}work.

Perhaps you tried an old version of PBM?  In the 22nov89 version I removed
the dependency on Sun's libraries.  And as far as I know FBM has never
depended on Sun libraries, I don't know what the problem is there.
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef@well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!jef
     "I like a man who grins when he fights." -- Winston Churchill

keil@apollo.HP.COM (Mark Keil) (02/09/90)

In article <22756@usc.edu> robiner@iris.usc.edu (Steve Robiner) writes:
/* stuff deleted */
> The big problem though is that all the available software for
> doing conversions to SUN Raster require the SUN LIBRARIES
/* stuff deleted */>
> I've already tried the FBM and PBM packages, and neither of these
> work.
/* stuff deleted */>
Steve, I use the FBM package to read rast files. Works just peachy keen.
I havn't had any need to write rast files, but the code is there and *should*
just work...  And you don't need any of that pixrect include crud, it just has
a simple struct in the flsun.c routine. The PBM package DOES require the
pixrect include file, so won't help you.
-Mark

 Mark Keil               Apollo Computer,  Chelmsford MA 01824
 +1 508-256-6600 x2495   keil@apollo.com  /  {decvax,mit-erl,yale}!apollo!keil

In the referenced message, keil@apollo.HP.COM (Mark Keil) wrote:
}The PBM package DOES require the pixrect include file, so won't help you.

In case anyone else didn't see my other message, this is false.
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef@well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!jef
"Since self-righteous people want to be offended, it seems to me that,
  by the Golden Rule, we have a duty to offend them." -- David Canzi

wlw2286@ultb.isc.rit.edu (W.L. Ware) (02/10/90)

Where can I get PBM and FBM?

Lance

*W.L.Ware                                             LANCEWARE SYSTEMS*
*WLW2286%ritvax.cunyvm.cuny.edu                    Value Added reseller*
*WLW2286%ultb.isc.rit.edu                          Mac and IBM Access. *