[comp.graphics] Bresenham alorigthm.

11tstark@GALLUX.GALLAUDET.EDU (Timothy Stark) (02/08/90)

Hello Users:

   I am looking for Bresenham alorightm (line drawing). I cannot find it
from my all books. Can you send me it? If so, I would appreicate that.
Thanks!!

-- Tim Stark

Timothy Stark          Bitnet: 11tstark@gallua.bitnet People/Link: T.STARK
Gallaudet University   Internet: 11tstark@gallux.gallaudet.edu GEnie: T.STARK1
P.O. Box 1453, 800 Florida Ave., N.E., Washington, DC 20002
"Gallaudet University is the only university for the deaf in the world."

mollers.pad@nixpbe.uucp (Moellers) (02/09/90)

11tstark@GALLUX.GALLAUDET.EDU (Timothy Stark) writes:

>Hello Users:

>   I am looking for Bresenham alorightm (line drawing). I cannot find it
>from my all books. Can you send me it? If so, I would appreicate that.
>Thanks!!

I recently read the book
	Harrington, Steven, "Computer Graphics", McGraw-Hill
which gives the Bresenham algorithm in "Pidgin Algol".

Josef Moellers				      |	c/o Nixdorf Computer AG
 USA: uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mollers.pad  |	Abt. DX-PC
!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad	      |	Pontanusstr
Phone: (+49) 5251 146245		      |	D-4790 Paderborn

sundius@cc.helsinki.fi (02/10/90)

In article <9002080115.AA22352@gallux.gallaudet.edu>, 11tstark@GALLUX.GALLAUDET.EDU (Timothy Stark) writes:
>    I am looking for Bresenham alorightm (line drawing). I cannot find it
> from my all books. Can you send me it? If so, I would appreicate that.

I have a copy of the original paper by J.E. Bresenham ("Algorithm for
computer control of a digital plotter") from IBM Systems Journal,
Vol. 4, No. 1 (1965), pp 25 - 30 (the paper is based on the work "An
incremental algorithm for digital plotting", which was presented by
Bresenham at the ACM National Conference at Denver, Colorado, 1963).
I guess you can find the journal in your university library.

! Tom Sundius                          Department of Physics         !
! Internet: sundius@cc.helsinki.fi     University of Helsinki        !
! BitNet:   SUNDIUS@FINUH              SF-00170 Helsinki, Finland    !

ilham@athena.mit.edu (Ilham Ahmed) (02/10/90)

In article <9002080115.AA22352@gallux.gallaudet.edu>,
11tstark@GALLUX.GALLAUDET.EDU (Timothy Stark) writes:

>    I am looking for Bresenham alorightm (line drawing). I cannot find it
> from my all books. Can you send me it? If so, I would appreicate that.
> Thanks!!
>
> -- Tim Stark

There is a decent explaination in "Fundementals of Interactive Computer
Graphics" by J.D.Foley and A.Van Dam from pages 433 to 436. I have an
implementation of this (in 'C') I wrote for a Computer Graphics course I
took last term and can send it to you if you want it.

							- Ilham
|o| Ilhamuddin Ahmed     [MIT '91] | Email :   ilham@mit.edu                |o|
|o| System Programmer              |           ilham@athena.mit.edu         |o|
|o| E40-342, Project Athena,       |           ilham@lcs.mit.edu            |o|