[comp.graphics] CAD topics

kaminski@scl.cwru.edu (Steve Kaminski) (02/09/90)

Dear comp.graphics,

  In order to start up a news group (either comp.graphics.cad, or alt.cad),
we must have some topics.  Anyone who is interested, post your shpiel(sp?)
here, and anyone who is not interested, tell us to use news.groups.  Then
someone can call a formal discussion there, and we will vote, and it will
pass, and life will be happy.

Steve

roger@mdtv.uucp (Roger Corron (508) 640-0940) (02/10/90)

>   In order to start up a news group (either comp.graphics.cad, or alt.cad),
> we must have some topics.  Anyone who is interested, post your shpiel(sp?)
> here, and anyone who is not interested, tell us to use news.groups...

	Possible general CAD topics (should be a seperate group):

	Database design
	Mechanical CAD
	Electronic CAD (PCB layout, simulation, etc.)
	solid modeling
	surface modelling

	Possible CAD graphics topics (can done as comp.graphics.cad):

	Proprietary vs. standard graphics interfaces
	Usage of windowing systems and user interface languages
	Performance characterization

	We should probably call for discussion in news.groups.

Roger Corron            Voice: (508) 640 0940    Fax: (508) 640 0836
Matra Datavision, Inc.  UUCP: {decvax,apollo,uunet!samsung}!mdtv!r_corron
2 Highwood Drive
Tewksbury, MA. 01876

waltc@cpqhou.UUCP (Walt Croom) (02/12/90)

I would also vote for a CAD related group - as for the name, I don't really
care. I'm interested in the following topics:

  Unix based solutions, both single & multi-user

  Conceptual, solids based design using parametric and AI approaches

  Third party add-on packages for AutoCAD

  Relative performance of graphics boards for AutoCAD

Walt Croom               ..!uunet!cpqhou!waltc
Compaq Computer Corp.    voice: 713-374-6027
20555 SH249, M040602     fax: 713-374-7769
Houston, TX  77070

finn@mojo.UUCP (Finn Markmanrud) (02/13/90)

In article <1801@mdtv.uucp> roger@mdtv.uucp (Roger Corron (508) 640-0940) writes:
>>   In order to start up a news group (either comp.graphics.cad, or alt.cad),
>> we must have some topics.  Anyone who is interested, post your shpiel(sp?)
>> here, and anyone who is not interested, tell us to use news.groups...
>
>	Possible general CAD topics (should be a seperate group):
>
>	Database design
>	Mechanical CAD
>	Electronic CAD (PCB layout, simulation, etc.)
>	solid modeling
>	surface modelling

How about: Architectural
           Animation
           Utilities
           ...and I'm sure there's a lot more.

Looks like a group to me.....

--
+=====================+========================+=============================+
|   Finn Markmanrud   |   finn@mojo.nec.com    |   "It can't happen here."   |

gpitcher@edpmgt.UUCP (Glenn Pitcher) (02/15/90)

In article <246@mojo.UUCP>, finn@mojo.UUCP (Finn Markmanrud) writes:

> In article <1801@mdtv.uucp> roger@mdtv.uucp (Roger Corron (508) 640-0940) writes:
> >>   In order to start up a news group (either comp.graphics.cad, or alt.cad),
> >> we must have some topics.  Anyone who is interested, post your shpiel(sp?)
> >> here, and anyone who is not interested, tell us to use news.groups...
> >
> >	Possible general CAD topics (should be a seperate group):
> >
> >	Database design
> >	Mechanical CAD
> >	Electronic CAD (PCB layout, simulation, etc.)
> >	solid modeling
> >	surface modelling
>
> How about: Architectural
>            Animation
>            Utilities
>            ...and I'm sure there's a lot more.
>
> Looks like a group to me.....

I would like to see some discusion on AM/FM (Automated Mapping/Facilities
Management)... just my $.02.

--
Glenn Pitcher                              UUCP: {crash,ucsd}!edpmgt!gpitcher
Programmer/Analyst &                       ARPA: Too many $$$