[comp.graphics] Newell Teapot, Who manufactured it?

buck@drax.gsfc.nasa.gov (Loren (Buck) Buchanan) (02/14/90)

Hi Netlanders,

I am wondering who made the teapot Martin Newell digitized in 1974, you
know the one sitting in the Computer Museum.  I am thinking about
starting a teapot collection, and that is one I would like to have.

B Cing U

Buck
Loren "Buck" Buchanan | internet: buck@drax.gsfc.nasa.gov | standard disclaimer
CSC, 1100 West St.    | uucp: ...!ames!dftsrv!drax!buck   | "By the horns of a
Laurel, MD 20707      | phonenet: (301) 497-2531 or 9898  | sky demon..."

herzog@dogwalk.Sun.COM (Brian Herzog) (02/15/90)

In article <876@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov>, buck@drax.gsfc.nasa.gov (Loren (Buck) Buchanan) writes:
> Hi Netlanders,
>
> I am wondering who made the teapot Martin Newell digitized in 1974, you
> know the one sitting in the Computer Museum.  I am thinking about
> starting a teapot collection, and that is one I would like to have.

SIGGRAPH '89 investigated this, with the idea of selling Newell teapots
at the conference, without success.  The original teapot in the Computer
Museum is glued firmly to its base, and folks did not want to risk
damaging the teapot in the process of removing it, just to see the
manufacturer's name on the bottom.  Gwen Bell, of the Computer Museum,
did have some ideas as to the manufacturer's identity, but if memory
serves, she was unable to find out anything definitive.  If you'd like
further details, I suggest you contact Gwen directly at:

The Computer Museum
300 Congress Street
Boston, MA  02210
(617) 426-2800

Brian Herzog           "Badges?  We ain't got no badges. We don't need no
herzog@sun.com          badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"
...!sun!herzog                                  - Treasure of the Sierra Madre