[net.cooks] Truth in Advertising

jefff@cadovax.UUCP (Jeff Fields) (11/15/84)

In a recent article Tom Haapanen writes:

> .......................................  Therefore, a 100% black pot
> will radiate *no heat* at all.

Wrongo.  Sorry bud, but you should have followed your own advice of:

> ..........  This person should have at least consulted a basic
> physics text.

      In it you will find that the color black is not only the best absorber of
heat, it is the best radiator of heat as well.

      Parenthetical note:  steam heat radiators are usually painted silver so
as to minimize heat radiation.  If they were black then they would radiate too
much heat, causing oven-like conditions.

			- Jeff Fields

--
I once was sad I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.