[comp.graphics] ARC/INFO

ingoldsb@ctycal.UUCP (Terry Ingoldsby) (02/06/90)

In article <455.25c6bcfc@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>, leavitt@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
> 	Can ARC/INFO save a file in CGM format - and/or - does anyone have
> 	an ARC/INFO metafile ===>> CGM format conversion program.
>
> 					Thanx     Jay Leavitt

I asked our sales rep and he was unfamiliar with the CGM format (it is not
widely used in industry).  If this can be done, I would also like to know
how.

--
  Terry Ingoldsby                ctycal!ingoldsb@calgary.UUCP
  Land Information Systems                 or

clh@tacitus.tfic.bc.ca (Chris Hermansen) (02/09/90)

In article <325@ctycal.UUCP> ingoldsb@ctycal.UUCP (Terry Ingoldsby) writes:
>In article <455.25c6bcfc@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>, leavitt@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>> 	Can ARC/INFO save a file in CGM format - and/or - does anyone have
>> 	an ARC/INFO metafile ===>> CGM format conversion program.
>widely used in industry).  If this can be done, I would also like to know
>how.

Just a suggestion: ARC/INFO 5.0+ can produce IGES files; perhaps Jef
Poskanzer's package (or some other similar) can help out from there?

You don't specify whether you want to convert a coverage (or some coverages)
to CGM format, or whether you want to convert, say, a plotfile.  Some
ARC/INFO commands start from the coverage (eg ARCDLG), while some start
from a plotfile (eg PLOTSIF).

Chris Hermansen                         Timberline Forest Inventory Consultants
Voice: 1 604 733 0731                   302 - 958 West 8th Avenue
FAX:   1 604 733 0634                   Vancouver B.C. CANADA
uunet!ubc-cs!van-bc!tacitus!clh         V5Z 1E5
clh@tfic.bc.ca -or- Chris_Hermansen@mtsg.ubc.ca

May you work in an interesting place.

leavitt@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (03/02/90)

At the moment I convert ARC/INFO files saved in HPGL format to TIFF format
using HIJAAK.  TIFF files can be converted to SUN Raster files in a variety
of ways.  However, I would prefer to use GPLOT.  Hence, my question on
conversion og ARC/INFO to CGM.

				Jay Leavitt