[comp.graphics] miniature video monitors

jd21@prism.gatech.EDU (DEMMERS,JAMES L) (03/16/90)

I am looking for a source for high resolution black and white or color
monitors of 5" or less.  Is there anyone out there who can direct me to
such a thing. BTW, these will be used in constructing a Head Mounted
display.

Thanks in advance.

--
DEMMERS,JAMES L
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!jd21

richard@pantor.UUCP (Richard Sargent) (03/20/90)

> From: jd21@prism.gatech.EDU (DEMMERS,JAMES L)
> I am looking for a source for high resolution black and white or color
> monitors of 5" or less.  Is there anyone out there who can direct me to
> such a thing. BTW, these will be used in constructing a Head Mounted
> display.

A few years ago, I saw an ad from Litton in Sci.American which showed
a 1" circular monochromatic picture tube.

Make up your ethical mind about dealing with a defense industry company
(or some might claim "warmonger" :-), and then inquire further.

I have no contact nor further knowledge on it.

Good luck.

Richard Sargent                   Internet: richard@pantor.UUCP
Systems Analyst                   UUCP:     ...!mnetor!becker!pantor!richard