[comp.graphics] GIS newsletter?

acm@uns-helios.nevada.edu (ACM) (03/21/90)

I saw awhile back that there was a gis newsletter created.

if so, i would like information on how to receive it.

                                     thanks,
                                     chris sinanian

ingoldsb@ctycal.UUCP (Terry Ingoldsby) (03/22/90)

In article <1475@unsvax.NEVADA.EDU>, acm@uns-helios.nevada.edu (ACM) writes:
> I saw awhile back that there was a gis newsletter created.
>
> if so, i would like information on how to receive it.
>                                      chris sinanian

I tried to subscribe a while back and never got anything.  Either
I pushed the wrong buttons, or this is a *very* low traffic group.
Can someone please clarify the situation?

--
  Terry Ingoldsby                ctycal!ingoldsb@calgary.UUCP
  Land Information Systems                 or

hmueller@wfsc1.tamu.edu (Hal Mueller) (03/23/90)

There's a LISTSERV-driven list dealing with GIS.  It has a very low
volume (but decent SNR).  I've checked some old messages from this
list and it seems to have an address of gis-l%ubvm@cunyvm.cuny.edu.
Bitnet sites should use "SEND LISTSERV@UBVM HELP" or
"SEND LISTSERV@UBVM SUBSCRIBE GIS-L <your name>".  I'm not sure
what non-Bitnet sites should do.

Warning:  it's been a long time since I signed up for this list, and
I may have the details wrong.

--
Hal Mueller            hmueller@cssun.tamu.edu          n270ca@tamunix (Bitnet)
Graduate Student, Department of Computer Science