[comp.graphics] Know any applications for enhancing pixel-based line drawings?

schear@ttidca.TTI.COM (Steve Schear) (05/01/90)

In article <390047@hpfcdq.HP.COM> olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM (John Olsen) writes:
>cline@cheetah.ece.clarkson.edu (Marshall Cline) writes:
>>A collegue and I are doing some research on a technique to enhance
>>pixel based line drawings.  ...
>>(or enlarged) display.
>>
>>MY QUESTION IS THIS: do you know of any *applications* for such a
>>technique?  I mentioned displaying pixel-based images on higher
>>density displays, and I mentioned enlarging existing pixel-based line
>>drawings.  Know of any other apps?
>
>olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM

Marshall,
There are two excellent Mac applications which can "automatically" convert
images with freehand drawings into a vector representation.  They are Aldus'
FreeHand and Adobe's Illustrator.  Deneba Software's Canvas 2.0 also has a
more primitive version of this capability.  In all these applications, the
free hand information is converted into bezier curves suitable for further
manipulation and subsequent output as PostScript.

Steve