[comp.graphics] CGM and PCX

pmateti@crimson.wright.edu (Prabhaker Mateti) (05/24/90)

I am looking for documents that define and explain the CGM and PCX formats.
Could you please e-mail me some recommendations.
--
pmateti@cs.wright.edu  == dr prabhaker mateti, dept of computer sci and eng,
wright state univ research center,  3171 research blvd,  dayton,   oh 45420.

pflueger@gmdzi.UUCP (Clemens Pflueger) (05/29/90)

pmateti@crimson.wright.edu (Prabhaker Mateti) writes:

>I am looking for documents that define and explain the CGM and PCX formats.
>Could you please e-mail me some recommendations.

For THE DEFINITION and explanation of CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile)
you should read the International Standard

	ISO 8632
	Information Processing Systems
	Computer Graphics
	Metafile for the Storage and Transfer of
	Picture Description Information

	Part 1: Functional Specification
and one of
	Part 2: Character Encoding
	Part 3: Binary Encoding
	Part 4: Clear Text Encoding

It should be available via your national standardisation authority.

Clemens Pflueger, GMD
--
  Clemens Pflueger, pflueger@gmdzi.gmd.de, (++49 2241) 14-2331
  Gesellschaft fuer Mathematik und Datenverarbeitung (GMD)