[comp.graphics] Wanted: Deluxe Paint FIle Format

brians@fai.UUCP (Brian Sheldon) (06/07/90)

Does anyone know the file format that Deluxe Paint uses to save
screen images? Specifically, I need the file.LBM format on an
IBM-PC.

Thanx.

--
Brian Sheldon			{amdahl,unisoft,uunet}!cerebus!brians

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (06/08/90)

> brians@fai.UUCP writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <2867@fai.UUCP>
>
> Org.  : Fujitsu America, Inc
> Person: Brian Sheldon
>
> Does anyone know the file format that Deluxe Paint uses to save
> screen images? Specifically, I need the file.LBM format on an
> IBM-PC.
>
> Thanx.
>
> --
> Brian Sheldon                   {amdahl,unisoft,uunet}!cerebus!brians

The format you're looking for (if memory serves) is the same as that used for
storing an ILBM IFF image file on the Amiga. Documentation and example code is
available from Commodore Business Machines in West Chester through their
developer's program or from the Fred Fish redistributable software collection
which you should be able to find at most Amiga dealers. Since there are PD and
commercial programs that allow the Amiga to read/write an IBM formatted disk
(either 3.5 or 5.25) you should be able to talk someone at an Amiga dealership
into copying the files you want onto an IBM disk for you. The lastest IFF spec
that's been released on Fred Fish's collection is on Disk # 185.
        Of course, if my memory is faulty and the formats are NOT the same,
disregard what I've said.
-Ron Tarrant