[comp.graphics] Displaying raster images

ccocsme@prism.gatech.EDU (StatMan) (07/07/90)

I realize that this is probably a frequently asked question, but I didnt
see it in the frequently-asked-questions-post. Anyway I would like to
know how to display raster images on a Sun Workstation. ANY help would
be greatly appreciated.

Please reply to ccocsme@prism.gatech.edu

thanks in advance

-- Marty

falk@peregrine.Sun.COM (Ed Falk) (07/10/90)

In article <11110@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccocsme@prism.gatech.EDU (StatMan) writes:
>I realize that this is probably a frequently asked question, but I didnt
>see it in the frequently-asked-questions-post. Anyway I would like to
>know how to display raster images on a Sun Workstation. ANY help would
>be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you're talking about Sun rasterfiles, the simplest way is

	% screenload <filename>

	-ed falk, sun microsystems -- sun!falk, falk@sun.com
	"What are politicians going to tell people when the
	Constitution is gone and we still have a drug problem?"
			-- William Simpson, A.C.L.U.