[comp.graphics] SigGraph Housing office

lalonde@cs.dal.ca (Paul Lalonde) (07/10/90)

Hello,
	Has annyone got a non-toll free number for the SigGraph housing
office?  I need to call them about a screw up in my form, but the toll
free number doesn't work in Canada and I haven't been able to find a
non-toll free number to call them at.  Argh.

	Better yet...I'm still looking to see if I can get a piece
of floor from anyone.  I'll go splits on the room.  Coming to think of
it, anyone in need of a piece of floor out there?  We may be able to
work something out.

			Paul

 Paul A. Lalonde	 Internet: lalonde@ug.cs.dal.ca
 Phone: (902)423-4748	 BITNET: 05LALOND@AC.DAL.CA

	"The only true law is that which leads to freedom"
			- Richard Bach, _Jonathan Livingston Seagull_

foo@titan.rice.edu (Mark Hall) (07/10/90)

)
) Paul A. Lalonde	 Internet: lalonde@ug.cs.dal.ca
) Phone: (902)423-4748	 BITNET: 05LALOND@AC.DAL.CA

	Dallas Convention Bureau is at 214-746-6680

	"Dallas Convention Services Management, Housing"  is
  reportedly at 214-746-6680. Speak to Anna Murphy. Today, July 9,
  is the last day you should do changes or cancellations in housing
  throught the convention bureau.

   - Mark       A SIGGRAPH '90  Registration Manager

foo@titan.rice.edu (Mark Hall) (07/10/90)

  (second try, first article should be cancelled )

In article <1990Jul9.195534.21233@cs.dal.ca> lalonde@cs.dal.ca (Paul Lalonde) writes:
)Hello,
)	Has annyone got a non-toll free number for the SigGraph housing
)office?
)
) Paul A. Lalonde	 Internet: lalonde@ug.cs.dal.ca
) Phone: (902)423-4748	 BITNET: 05LALOND@AC.DAL.CA

	Dallas Convention Bureau is at 214-658-7000

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (07/10/90)

In article <1990Jul9.195534.21233@cs.dal.ca> lalonde@cs.dal.ca (Paul Lalonde) writes:
>Hello,
>	Has annyone got a non-toll free number for the SigGraph housing
>office?  I need to call them about a screw up in my form, but the toll
>free number doesn't work in Canada and I haven't been able to find a
>non-toll free number to call them at.  Argh.

ACM/SIGGRAPH attempts to support non-US members and attendees to the best
of its ability.  The 800-972-1029 number is that of the Dallas Convention
Bureau, not SIGGRAPH.  For reasons that are beyond the scope of this news
group, all enquiries are supposed to go directly to the convention people.

However, if you can't reach them, try the "standard" SIGGRAPH conference
management number 312/644-6610 (this is Chicago, if you care about the
time zone) during normal business hours.  If you explain your problem,
they should be able to give you some help or a number to call.

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (07/10/90)

The FAX number (214/746-6799) should work internationally (if, of course,
you have FAX).

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (07/11/90)

A check with the SIGGRAPH '90 conference management reveals that the
800 number is all that the Dallas Convention Bureau is willing to
advertise.  There have apparently been a number of complaints about the
800 number being difficult to use (busy or unanswered).  There have
been no complaints about the FAX number.

So...

The semi-official recommendation from the SIGGRAPH '90 conference
management is that people use the FAX number if they need to contact
the Dallas Convention Bureau regarding housing.  It seems to work
well.