[comp.graphics] implementations of graphics standards?

bergman@scripps.edu (Larry Bergman) (07/03/90)

I'm interested in finding out about availability
of graphics implementations on several platforms.
In particular, I'd like to know about Dore and/or
phiggs+ implementations for Iris, Sun, Dec, Stardent,
and IBM workstations.  Any information on what's
available from 3rd party vendors would be useful.
If you have any experience with an implementation,
please let me know how complete it is, and how well
supported/maintained it is.

Thanks for the help,  Larry

jch@Stardent.COM (Jan Hardenbergh @stardent) (07/14/90)

> From: bergman@scripps.edu (Larry Bergman)
> Date: 2 Jul 90 21:57:20 GMT

> I'm interested in finding out about availability
> of graphics implementations on several platforms.
> In particular, I'd like to know about Dore and/or
> phiggs+ implementations for Iris, Sun, Dec, Stardent,
> and IBM workstations.  Any information on what's
> available from 3rd party vendors would be useful.
> If you have any experience with an implementation,
> please let me know how complete it is, and how well
> supported/maintained it is.

Well, I'm a PHIGS bigot so first...

PHIGS (PHIGS88+PHIGS-PLUS) runs on all of the boxes you mentioned. For
some it is based on code from Template Graphics; for others it is done
by the vendor. In all cases you would want to contact the "consumer
compatible live-ware" of the vendor. PHIGS has been a standard for just
over a year and a half, so implementations are starting to mature.

Dore' runs on Stardent machines. Portable Dore' is a source code product
and has drivers for Suns and Irises in its user contributed collection.

dore-request@stardent.com)
--
-Jan "YON" Hardenbergh - jch@stardent.com                uunet!stardent!jch
Stardent Computer, Inc.,  95 Wells Ave., Newton, MA 02159 (617)964-6228x261