[comp.graphics] Wanted: .gl to .gif converter

afton@pawl.rpi.edu (Alan S. Blue) (07/19/90)

Does anyne know of an IBM *.gl to *.gif converter? I need it to run on unix or
a MacIIcx.
Thanks in advance.

Jason Smith
University of Washington
Applied Physics Lab
jaesyn@uw-apl.apl.washington.edu

mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (Dhanapong Saengrussamee-University of North Texas) (07/22/90)

--

GL files are files generated from GLIB, GRASP Library Manager, which is part
of GRASP, GRAphics System for Presentation.  You'll need GLIB to extract each

The only way I am able to steal the pictures from it is to use a screen capture
program to grab a screen and then convert it to the format of my choice.  If
you notice, press a spacebar while the "presentation" is running will freeze
the screen and press enter will continue the "presentation".

Ping!  You got an answer to your question.

Well....  Another problem may rise.  If the "presentation" is in VGA, you'll
need a VGA screen capture program.  This baby eats a lot of memory.  Most of
the time you can't even load the GL file.

Aha!  If there's will, their's way (to somewhere).

Their's way to get around this.  What you need is GRASP!  Use GLIB to break the
GL file.  Create your own control file with GRASP which has only one or two PIC
at a time and then build a new GL.

Yes, it will take a while but eventually you will get all the "presentation"
screens translate to GIF files.

What's next?  You can then make it run under AutoDesk Animator, IBM's
Audio-Visual Connection, port it to MORE, Persuasion, .....

Sorry.....8^(

__Mouse.o()~
Dhanapong "Mouse" Saengrussamee    | AppleLink : U1364 | BITNET : mouse@untvax
Technical Support, CECS Dept.,     | BIX : d.mouse.s | CompuServe : 71301,1516
University of North Texas,         | GENie : d.saengrussa | IP : 129.120.1.4
PO Box 5155, Denton, TX 76203-5155 | Internet : mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
voice (817) 565-3790               | SPAN : utspan::utandx::untvax::mouse
fax   (817) 565-4425               | THENet : untvax::mouse
------------------- UUCP : {...!uunet!convex!iex}!ntvax!vaxb.acs.unt.edu!mouse