[comp.graphics] Mac<-->IBM GIF translation

jennerr@darwin.ntu.edu.au (07/20/90)

I am using a Mac IIcx with Soft-PC running on its own partition. I get a
lot of requests from folks round here to translate Mac-IBM, GIF files and
vice versa. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a translator for
MacLink Plus for GIF files (MacLink already has a TIFF translator)
Will summarise any e-mail

Bob Jenner
Computing Department
Northern Territory University
PO Box 40146 Casuarina NT Australia 0811
Tel. (089) 466397

mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (Dhanapong Saengrussamee-University of North Texas) (07/22/90)

--

Why do you need a translator for GIF?  I thought GIF files suppose to be the
same format.  Yes, there are interlace and non-interlace but the GIF viewer

If you are having problem openning GIF file from the PC on the Mac may be
because the "Type" was wrong.  Some GIF viewer on the Mac insists that the
file type has to be of typed "GIFf".  Use any util that will let you change the
file type.  You might also want to change the creator of the file at the same
time so you can double-click to open the file.

Hope this solve your problem.  8^)

__Mouse.o()~
Dhanapong "Mouse" Saengrussamee    | AppleLink : U1364 | BITNET : mouse@untvax
Technical Support, CECS Dept.,     | BIX : d.mouse.s | CompuServe : 71301,1516
University of North Texas,         | GENie : d.saengrussa | IP : 129.120.1.4
PO Box 5155, Denton, TX 76203-5155 | Internet : mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
voice (817) 565-3790               | SPAN : utspan::utandx::untvax::mouse
fax   (817) 565-4425               | THENet : untvax::mouse
------------------- UUCP : {...!uunet!convex!iex}!ntvax!vaxb.acs.unt.edu!mouse