[comp.graphics] Nice gif pictures

dean@pico.oz (Dean Economou) (07/16/90)

Does anyone out there have some tasteful gif pictures
suitable for graphics demonstrations?  High resolution
colour images would be nice.  Sexually oriented pictures
are not suitable for the application we have in mind.

If you could mail me such images directly, or tell me
where I can get them, I'd be most grateful.

Dean Economou
Network Applications
QPSX Communications,
Perth W.A.
Email: dean@pico@munnari.oz or dean@pico.qpsx.oz.au

cr_kempke@eisvxe.moundst.mn.org (Travelling SMU GURU) (07/16/90)

In article <495@pico.oz>, dean@pico.oz (Dean Economou) writes:
> Does anyone out there have some tasteful gif pictures
> suitable for graphics demonstrations?

wuarchive.wustl.edu has the largest collection I've ever found, probably
several hundred.  All tasteful; most good.    As a general rule of thumb the
largest files tend to be the best images.

	--Chris

TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET (Turgut Kalfaoglu) (07/25/90)

My problem is similar, I am trying to PRINT GIF pictures. Does anyone
know of a utility to print VGA-mode pictures in color, on a HP-PaintJet?
The utility that the printer comes with stops at EGA modes.
Thanks, -turgut