[comp.graphics] GIS Software for PC's

george> (07/31/90)

In article <1990Jul23.151301.20723@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> klefstad@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
(Sue Klefstad) writes:
>Does anyone know of a PC-based (Mac or IBM) Geographic Information
>System that would allow inputting maps and assigning a database
>of information to various points on the map?
>
>Thanks.
>--- Sue
>Sue Klefstad
>s-klefstad@uiuc.edu

 The company I work for, Strategic Mapping, Inc., has a product you may be
 interested in, called ATLAS*GIS.

 ATLAS*GIS is a full-featured,  geographic information system (GIS) for
 MSDOS-based PC's.  It allows you to create up to 250 layers of geographic
 features (number of features is unlimited), complete with attribute data.
 Many geographic query functions are built into ATLAS*GIS, which can also
 match addresses and import and export many popular data formats.  We also
 have many utilities to translate the geographic files into other useful
 formats, like ARC/INFO coverages and AutoCad DXF, as well as TIGER and DIME
 census formats.  Educational and governmental discounts are available.

 Strategic Mapping also has a wide range of geographic boundary files available,
 and ATLAS*GIS supports direct digitizing of features, if you wish to create
 your own boundaries.

 Please feel free to call, write or e-mail for more information.

george> (08/01/90)

(Sue Klefstad) writes:
>Does anyone know of a PC-based (Mac or IBM) Geographic Information
>System that would allow inputting maps and assigning a database
>of information to various points on the map?
>
>Thanks.
>--- Sue
>Sue Klefstad
>s-klefstad@uiuc.edu

 The company I work for, Strategic Mapping, Inc., has a product you may be
 interested in, called ATLAS*GIS.

 (deleted the rest of my earlier message, but my signature was not appended)

 Please feel free to call, write or e-mail for more information.

George J. Rebhan           | george@slp.octopus.com
Strategic Mapping Inc.     | Voice - (408)985-7400      Fax - (408)985-0859
4030 Moorpark Ave. #250    | Opinions expressed here are my own, and do not
San Jose, CA  95117        | necessarily reflect those of Strategic Mapping.