[net.cooks] Guacamole Tip

drennan@nybcb.UUCP (drennan) (01/16/85)

[ strange but true ]

	If you bury an avocado pit in the center of your guacamole, it
will keep it from turning to an ugly color.  No, really it will, strangly
enough.  Does anyone know why this is true, by the way?

	"Hello,hello,hello.			Jim Drennan
	 What's all this then?"			New York Blood Center
						..seismo!cmcl2!nybcb!drennan

berry@zinfandel.UUCP (Berry Kercheval) (01/17/85)

In article <165@nybcb.UUCP> drennan@nybcb.UUCP (drennan) writes:
>	If you bury an avocado pit in the center of your guacamole, it
>will keep it from turning to an ugly color.  No, really it will, strangly
>enough.  Does anyone know why this is true, by the way?

I don't know why, but I never do it.  Guacamole never LASTS long enough to
change color when I'm around!

Yum, munch....

--
Berry Kercheval		Zehntel Inc.	(ihnp4!zehntel!zinfandel!berry)
(415)932-6900