[comp.graphics] Needed: Group 4 facsimile compression code in C

add@sciences.sdsu.edu (James D. Murray) (08/14/90)

With all of the software on the net dealing with TIFF files and
facsimile compression none of it seems to address the 2-D Huffman
Group 4 facsimile compression algorithm.  Please direct me to
a software package that performs full Group 4 compression and
decompression and whose full source code is included, prefereably
in C.

James D. Murray, Ethnounixologist	"Riker!  Stop that smirking!"
Anaheim, California, U.S.A.                    -- J-L. Picard

Internet: add@sciences.sdsu.edu    (130.191.224.2)
Bitnet:   bardic@calstate.Bitnet   (130.150.102.1)

ttl@sti.fi (Timo Lehtinen) (08/14/90)

In article <1990Aug14.142240.3038@ucselx.sdsu.edu> add@sciences.sdsu.edu (James D. Murray) writes:
>With all of the software on the net dealing with TIFF files and
>facsimile compression none of it seems to address the 2-D Huffman
>Group 4 facsimile compression algorithm.  Please direct me to
>a software package that performs full Group 4 compression and
>decompression and whose full source code is included, prefereably
>in C.

I think the QUIPU/PHOTO part of the ISODE (The ISO Development Environment)
has this. It's in C and the source is available. I believe it's even PD
material... (not sure about this last one though) For more info please refer
to comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ.

Timo

--

       ____/ ___   ___/    /		Kivihaantie 8 C 25
      /           /       /		SF-00310 HELSINKI, Finland