[comp.graphics] Foley and VanDam, Book II

slp@genrad.uucp (Steven L. Peters) (08/16/90)

Hi!  I have a copy of the old Foley, VanDam et al., and I was
wondering whether there are enough changes to warrant my getting the
newer version.  Any opinions?

				Stephen Peters

larry@csccat.UUCP (Larry Spence) (08/17/90)

In article <38384@genrad.UUCP> slp@genrad.genrad.COM (Stephen L. Peters) writes:
>Hi!  I have a copy of the old Foley, VanDam et al., and I was
>wondering whether there are enough changes to warrant my getting the
>newer version.  Any opinions?

Yes.  Go buy it.  There is a HUGE amount of new material, most of it very
well presented.  If you want a decent overview of almost everything, this is
the book you want.

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat

beshers@division.cs.columbia.edu (Clifford Beshers) (08/17/90)

In article <38384@genrad.UUCP> slp@genrad.uucp (Steven L. Peters) writes:

   Hi!  I have a copy of the old Foley, VanDam et al., and I was
   wondering whether there are enough changes to warrant my getting the
   newer version.  Any opinions?

				   Stephen Peters

Well, the old book has 665 pages, the new one 1175.  Need I say more?

Clifford Beshers
450 Computer Science Department
Columbia University
New York, NY 10027