[comp.graphics] SPHIGS ??

takamine@hpcc01.HP.COM (Derek Takamine) (09/01/90)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of SPHIGS or PHIGS or both?
Also what kind of hardware is required to run these systems.

Thanks in advance.
Derek Takamine
takamine@hpcmfsa.corp.hp.com

jch@Stardent.COM (Jan Hardenbergh @stardent) (09/04/90)

> Does anyone know where I can get a copy of SPHIGS or PHIGS or both?
> Also what kind of hardware is required to run these systems.

The book which describes SPHIGS - Foley, Van Dam, Feiner & Hughes
says you can get the software, SPHIGS & SRGP for a PC, Mac or X11
from the publisher, Addison-Wesley.

Computer Graphics:   ISBN 0-201-12110-7 ( the book )
SPHIGS, etc for PC   ISBN 0-201-54700-7
SPHIGS, etc for Mac  ISBN 0-201-54701-5
SPHIGS, etc for X11  ISBN 0-201-54702-3

However, from recent articles on this newsgroup, it does not appear that
they will be selling the X11 version but you can get it via ftp. Also,
the other versions are not yet available, they will be ready in October, or
so. ( Again, my source is comp.graphics ). Here's the route to the X11 stuff.

> The PC and Mac versions will be available from Addison-Wesley beginning
> the 26th of August.
>
> The X11r4 version is ftp'able now.  To obtain instructions, email to:
>
> 			graphtext@cs.brown.edu
>
> and place "Software-Distribution" in the Subject line.

As, for PHIGS... You might try an HP pricelist, or Stardent, DEC, IBM, Sun,
Apollo and many, many more.

--
-Jan "YON" Hardenbergh - jch@stardent.com                uunet!stardent!jch
Stardent Computer, Inc.,  95 Wells Ave., Newton, MA 02159 (617)964-6228x261