[comp.graphics] Want Latest Version of CSHOW Via Anonymous FTP

thermal%solgel.hepnet@CSA2.LBL.GOV (09/07/90)

Hello,

I've heard (rightly or wrongly) that the latest version of CSHOW (81b ?)
from CompuServe is able to display GIFs of 1024x768x256 resolution on
my PC (I have the hardware necessary to display at this resolution).

Since I don't subscribe to CompuServe, I'd like to know if there are
any anonymous ftp sites that have this latest version in either .arc or .zip
format.

I thank you in advance for you help, Jon Noring

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (09/07/90)

In article <900906121256.25807378@Csa2.LBL.Gov> thermal%solgel.hepnet@CSA2.LBL.GOV writes:
>I've heard (rightly or wrongly) that the latest version of CSHOW (81b ?)
>from CompuServe is able to display GIFs of 1024x768x256 resolution on
>my PC (I have the hardware necessary to display at this resolution).
>Since I don't subscribe to CompuServe, I'd like to know if there are
>any anonymous ftp sites that have this latest version in either .arc or .zip
>format.

Well, I don't know for sure if it is the latest, but the version we
seem to have at chyde.uwasa.fi, Vaasa, Finland, 128.214.12.3, is
/pc/gif/cshow811.lzh.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

grant (Grant DeLorean) (09/07/90)

thermal%solgel.hepnet@CSA2.LBL.GOV writes:

> I've heard (rightly or wrongly) that the latest version of CSHOW (81b ?)
> from CompuServe is able to display GIFs of 1024x768x256 resolution on
> my PC (I have the hardware necessary to display at this resolution).

 Why not use vpic (note: NOT VP/ix...) instead? It is inexpensive shareware
that has had the mentioned ability for at least 2 years. It is fully
configurable to whatever graphics card you may have (to support all its
graphics modes, too) and will display most if not all the common picture
formats (and convert between them). It for MS-DOS, but since you asked
about CSHOW for your PC I assume you are using MS-DOS...  Vpic is avaliable
on a lot of BBS's (usually on mine but I haven't gotten around to putting
that file area back up yet). Let me know (via mail...) if you want to
find it but can't and I'll arrange to get a copy to you somehow.

Grant DeLorean        ...osu-cis!n8emr!bluemoon!grant
 (ISC doesn't like at-signs, so...)      (614) 868-9982 HST & V.32
Blue Moon BBS, a public access Unix BBS  (614) 868-9984 PEP & V.32