[comp.graphics] OOP and Graphic Help!!

satow@infohh.rmi.de (Stephan Satow) (09/03/90)

OOP and Graphic
---------------

I4m interested in exploiting the object-oriented paradigma for graphics
representation. Is there anybody who can provide literature?

Secondly I4m trying to built a solid modeller with c++. Can anyone
provide literature and source code (turbo c++).

Any help appreciated.

Steve

wissk (Peter Wisskirchen) (09/07/90)

In article <778@infohh.rmi.de> satow@infohh.rmi.de (Stephan Satow) writes:
> ---------------
>
> I4m interested in exploiting the object-oriented paradigma for graphics
> representation. Is there anybody who can provide literature?

In my book
Wisskirchen:
Object-Oriented Graphics
- From GKS and PHIGS to Object-Oriented Systems -
(August 1990, 236 pp. $ 39.00)
I tried to compare OO with traditional approaches
(ISBN 3-540-52859-8 Springer Berlin ... ISBN 0-387-52859-8 Springer New
York ..)

Contents:
Guidelines for Designing Graphics Systems. - Object-Oriented Programming
in Smalltalk-80. - User Interface Architecture: Application Frameworks,
MVC Concept. - Smalltalk-80 Graphics Kernel. - GKS, PHIGS and
Object-Oriented System Design. -  Generation and Editing of Multi-Level
Part Hierarchies. - Programming Examples. - Extension of a Graphics Kernel
by Use of Inheritance. - Attaching  Additional Semantics. -
How to Integrate Constraints. - Graphics and Knowledge Representation. - Prototypes and Delegation. - Requirements for an Object-Oriented Graphics Standard.

Book's subject matter:
This book builds up a synthesis between the functionality of traditional
graphics systems, such as the international standards GKS and PHIGS, and
the potential of object-oriented systems. Based on concrete examples it
shows the conceptual progress which can be reached  by object-oriented
design philosophy and the use of object-oriented tools for computer
graphics.

Peter Wisskirchen

dbc@cs.brown.edu (Brook Conner) (09/08/90)

Peter, Wisskerchen, PLEASE.
I want to talk to you about OOP and graphics in reference to a soon-to-be
published paper. But you didn't leave a return address on your posting!
Please email me with an address I ca contact you at.

Thank you very much, and sorry to the rest of the net for wasting bandwidth.

Brook Conner            | Klacktoveedsedstene
Brown Computer Graphics | Fortune sez: Brook's Law -- Adding manpower to a late
dbc@cs.brown.edu        |       software project makes it later
uunet!brunix!dbc dbc@browncs.bitnet   Box 4013 Brown U Prov RI 02912