[comp.graphics] REGIS GRAPHICS

davisb@ac.dal.ca (09/14/90)

I just acquired an old Empire (world conquest game) is enhanced by Regis
graphics. What the hell are Regis graphics and if anyone knows where to get
them could they tell me please?

                                  Thanks,
                                  Davis Bennett
                                  Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
                                  Canada

rick@pangea.Stanford.EDU (Rick Ottolini) (09/15/90)

In article <1966@ac.dal.ca> davisb@ac.dal.ca writes:
>I just acquired an old Empire (world conquest game) is enhanced by Regis
>graphics. What the hell are Regis graphics and if anyone knows where to get
>them could they tell me please?
>
>                                  Thanks,
>                                  Davis Bennett
>                                  Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
>                                  Canada

Regis is a 2-D vector graphics language used on some DEC terminals in the 1980s.
There are examples of Regis in the generic plotting package called vplot
from hanauma.stanford.edu anonymous ftp.  See the filters/gigilib directory.