[comp.graphics] polyhedra models

hentsche@serss0.fiu.edu (Erich Hentschel) (09/23/90)

Any references to how to generate tetra-dodeca-hexa--hedrons
will be mightilly appreciated.  Thank you.
hentsche@sserss0,  FIU,  Miami, Florida.
.

djh@xipe.osc.edu (David Heisterberg) (09/24/90)

In article <1358@kluge.fiu.edu> hentsche@serss0.fiu.edu (Erich Hentschel) writes:
>Any references to how to generate tetra-dodeca-hexa--hedrons
>will be mightilly appreciated.  Thank you.
>hentsche@sserss0,  FIU,  Miami, Florida.

Netlib has a polyhedron data base.  Send mail to netlib@ornl.gov with a
subject or message body of "send index from polyhedra" for more infor-
mation.  There are about 140 polyhedra available.  A man page describing
the file format is also available.
--
David J. Heisterberg		djh@osc.edu		And you all know
The Ohio Supercomputer Center	djh@ohstpy.bitnet	security Is mortals'

kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (09/24/90)

While we are on the subject, does anyone know where a set of points exists
that defines the famous teapot?

Thanks,  Michael

Michael L. Kaufman   \\  "His imagination resembled the wings of an Ostrich. It
kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu  \\  enabled him to run, though not to soar."  T. Macaulay

gpraman@sdrc.UUCP (raman srinivasan) (09/24/90)

In article <12483@accuvax.nwu.edu>, kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) writes:
> While we are on the subject, does anyone know where a set of points exists
> that defines the famous teapot?

Check out the Jan. 1987 issue of IEEE Computer Graphics & applications
pages 8-19.  The article is called Displays on Display / The origins
of the teapot by Frank Crow, Xerox PARC.  It has the Bezier patch
definition, the data vertices and some Pascal code to display the
wireframe.  There's a little box in the article that says contact
Chip Hatfield at HATFIELD@LL-ICDC.ARPA for code/data.  I have no
ideas if its still out there.  Good Luck.