[comp.graphics] Si Graph, Inc. ???

boleyn@grasp.cis.upenn.edu (Rodney L. Boleyn) (10/03/90)

A friend of mine asked me to do him a favor, which, of course,
involves me asking you all for information.

Has anyone ever heard of the company Si Graph?

My friend pronounces this "See Graph".  In the same sentence,
he also mentioned Pixar, LucasFilms, and fractals, so I think I am
correct in directing the question to comp.graphics.  I'm hoping he
doesn't mean Silicon Graphics.

An email address, Snail-Mail address, telephone number, or the name
of a periodical where they regularly advertise would be greatly
appreciated.

Please email me... I don't read this group regularly (or at all,
for that matter.)

-Rodney (boleyn@grasp.cis.upenn.edu)

cook@sgi.com (Doug Cook) (10/03/90)

In article <30442@netnews.upenn.edu> boleyn@grasp.cis.upenn.edu (Rodney L. Boleyn) writes:
>A friend of mine asked me to do him a favor, which, of course,
>involves me asking you all for information.
>
>Has anyone ever heard of the company Si Graph?
>
>My friend pronounces this "See Graph".  In the same sentence,
>he also mentioned Pixar, LucasFilms, and fractals, so I think I am
>correct in directing the question to comp.graphics.  I'm hoping he
>doesn't mean Silicon Graphics.

It sounds like your friend might be referring to SIGGRAPH, which is not a
company per se, but the Graphics Special Interest Group of the
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). SIGGRAPH is the main forum for
professional work done in the computer graphics field. [ I doubt your
friend means Silicon Graphics, though if you're looking for their address,
you may find it in my signature (if you look hard enough ;-) ]

>An email address, Snail-Mail address, telephone number, or the name
>of a periodical where they regularly advertise would be greatly
>appreciated.

The address for the ACM is:
	The Association for Computing Machinery
	11 West 42nd Street
	New York, New York 10036

As far as periodicals, you won't find SIGGRAPH advertised much, but there
are several SIGGRAPH publications, primarily SIGGRAPH conference proceedings
and ACM Transactions on Graphics.  Hope this helps.

	-Doug

Doug Cook	M/S 7U-550		|" ...hello honey... i hope i didn't
Video Group, Advanced Systems Division	| wake you up, but i had to hear your
Silicon Graphics, Inc.			| voice... i'm standing in another
2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.			| phone booth... somewhere on the
Mountain View, CA 94043			| moon..."	-Adrian Belew