[comp.graphics] Need PICS file format or player.

stevem@hp-vcd.HP.COM (Steve Miller) (10/06/90)

A previous note requests the format of PIC.  I may be asking for the same
but here goes:  Does anyone have a reference to the PICS file format.  This
is a "standard" format for storing animation sequences, at least on the Mac.

Also I wonder if anyone knows of a public domain or cheap PICS player for the
Mac.

Thanks,

Steven Miller
Vancouver Division
Hewlett Packard

turk@Apple.COM (Ken "Turk" Turkowski) (10/11/90)

In article <1160003@hp-vcd.HP.COM> stevem@hp-vcd.HP.COM (Steve Miller) writes:

>A previous note requests the format of PIC.  I may be asking for the same
>but here goes:  Does anyone have a reference to the PICS file format.  This
>is a "standard" format for storing animation sequences, at least on the Mac.
>
>Also I wonder if anyone knows of a public domain or cheap PICS player for the
>Mac.

As explained to me by Julain Gomez, a PICS file is nothing more
than a bunch of PICT's stored sequentially as resources.
--
Ken Turkowski @ Apple Computer, Inc., Cupertino, CA
Internet: turk@apple.com