[comp.graphics] Tektronix

pjd@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Peter J. Dotzauer) (10/17/90)

In article <6767@shamu.WV.TEK.COM> davidk@shamu.WV.TEK.COM (David Kerlick) writes:
-
-Tektronix Workstations threw in the towel this morning, so I will be out
-of email contact from this afternoon until the next employer appears.
-
Does that mean the whole 'Interactive Technologies Division' has been
dissolved, or the 'Visual Systems Group VSG 1' therein?

--
Peter Dotzauer, Analyt.Cart.& GIS, Dept.of Geogr., OSU, Columbus, OH 43210-1361
    TEL +1 614 292 1357  FAX +1 614 292 6213    FIDO 1:226/330  WWIVnet 86@6450

garyc@hobbes.wv.tek.com (Gary Combs) (10/17/90)

In article <5752@nisca.ircc.ohio-state.edu>,
pjd@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Peter J. Dotzauer) writes:
|> -
|> Does that mean the whole 'Interactive Technologies Division' has been
|> dissolved, or the 'Visual Systems Group VSG 1' therein?

Only VSG was affected. It is now refered to as NWD "NetWork
display Division" for this week. It might change again.

Gary Combs
Tektronix, Inc
NWD Technical Marketing Support
(503)685-2072
garyc@shamu.wv.tek.com

michaelh@shamu.WV.TEK.COM (Mike Herbert) (10/18/90)

pjd@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Peter J. Dotzauer) writes:
> In article <6767@shamu.WV.TEK.COM> davidk@shamu.WV.TEK.COM (David Kerlick) writes:
> -
> -Tektronix Workstations threw in the towel this morning, so I will be out
> -of email contact from this afternoon until the next employer appears.
> -
> Does that mean the whole 'Interactive Technologies Division' has been
> dissolved, or the 'Visual Systems Group VSG 1' therein?

Let me first quote a few passages directly from the press release:

"After careful consideration, we've decided to stop the development, marketing
and sales of our XD88 family of workstation products," said Robert Lundeen,
Tektronix chairman and chief officer.

"This action does not in any way affect our commitment to X terminals,"
Lundeen stated.  "The X terminals marketplace is an area where market
analysts are projecting strong sales growth.  We have a leadership
position in X stations, a full line of successful X terminals supporting
the X Window System."

The terminals business is a key part of Tek's Visual Systems Group, which
also includes television and color printer businesses. These are profitable
and growing and will be unaffected by the closure of the workstation
unit. Tek's television operations include the television test equipment
division and the Grass Valley Group subsidiary.

--------------------------

So, to summarize:
	Visual System Group still exists
	color printer business still exists
	television business still exists
	Interactive Technologies Division renamed to
		'Network Displays Division"

If you have additional questions, please e-mail me directly. I hate to
waste network bandwidth on a topic not directly related to graphics.

Mike Herbert
Tektronix, Inc.
Network Displays Division
P.O. Box 1000, M/S 60-850