[comp.graphics] [graphics] Summary: Generic graph editor under X and Unix

jackm@agcsun.UUCP (Jack Morrison) (10/30/90)

In article <1990Oct26.202818.26275@math.lsa.umich.edu> soder@nmpcad.se (Hakan Soderstrom) writes:
>> Anybody know of a more or less generic, embeddable graph
>> editor? Preferrably under X (and Motif), but definitely
>> under Unix.
>>
>> What I mean is a tool specialized for drawing graphs, i.e. a
>> restricted form of graphics. It should "understand" nodes
>> connected by arcs (which is more than just geometry). There
>> are so many types of graphs, and it is painful to re-invent
>> a graph editor for each one. Think of it: schematics, flow
>> charts, finite state machines, entity-relationship diagrams ...
>
>My posting generated far more "me too"s than actual clues. I didn't
>expect this. I thought a graph editor was a commodity and I was one of
>the few who didn't know where to get it. There is an enormous number
>of applications that would benefit from a graph editor.

Then I hope no-one will flame me if I quietly mention that my company
sells a diagram editor that does these things very well (though it's
not free, not "embeddable", and currently runs under SunView but not
generic X). Call/write/email for info.

Jack Morrison	(303) 674-5232
Digital Insight, P.O. Box 2095, Evergreen CO 80439-2095
ncar!boulder!agcsun!jackm

--
"How am I typing?  Call 1-303-279-1300"     Jack C. Morrison
Ampex Video Systems    581 Conference Place, Golden CO 80401