[comp.graphics] computer art wanted

allen@ns.network.com (Allen Middleton) (10/31/90)

I want to beautify my living area.  Can anyone recommend retail sources
for computer generated/enhanced posters that could be interpreted as art?
E.g. Landsat earth photos of cities, NASA planet photos, Fractal images,
ray-traced images...  Email me if appropriate.  Thanks.

rick@pangea.Stanford.EDU (Rick Ottolini) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct30.223752.19299@ns.network.com> allen@ns.network.com (Allen Middleton) writes:

>I want to beautify my living area.  Can anyone recommend retail sources
>for computer generated/enhanced posters that could be interpreted as art?
>E.g. Landsat earth photos of cities, NASA planet photos, Fractal images,
>ray-traced images...  Email me if appropriate.  Thanks.

Gift shops in science museams and scientific stores may have such.
I do not know which city you are located in as to whether you have such.

thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) (10/31/90)

    (Allen Middleton) writes:
>Can anyone recommend retail sources for [...] Landsat earth photos of
>cities, NASA planet photos, [...]

Landsat photos are available from the USGS; they also have some
planetory photography from NASA missions.  Try the Menlo Park office
of the US Geological Survery; they have several Landsat images in
stock.  They are actually printed as "maps" with the surface coming
from Landsat photos.

						-- Rich
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs,uunet}!utah-cs!thomson
``If everybody is thinking the same thing, is anybody thinking?'' --Bob Johnson

MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) (10/31/90)

Last week, I received Raven Maps and Images' 1991 catalogue (a brochure)
They have a "digital landscape" of "The Rockies, the High Plains and the
Intermountain West" (with earth curvature) that's pretty neat.

Raven Maps & Images 1-800-237-0798

                                     - MJB -

                             USENET: mjb@cup.portal.com