[comp.graphics] Looking for CATIA info

kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) (11/01/90)

    I'm looking for any and all information on the CAD/CAM package called
CATIA. (Like the phone # of the company?).  Thanks - e-mail preferred.

--
 _
Kevin D. Quitt         demott!kdq   kdq@demott.com

                96.37% of all statistics are made up.

falk@peregrine.Sun.COM (Ed Falk) (11/02/90)

In article <892@demott.COM> kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) writes:

>    I'm looking for any and all information on the CAD/CAM package called
>CATIA. (Like the phone # of the company?).  Thanks - e-mail preferred.

It's put out by Dassault (sp?) in France.  Due to an exclusive marketing
agreement they have with IBM, it only runs on IBM mainframes.  In my
opinion, it's the best CAD package in the world.

	-ed falk, sun microsystems -- sun!falk, falk@sun.com
	"What are politicians going to tell people when the
	Constitution is gone and we still have a drug problem?"
			-- William Simpson, A.C.L.U.

dboyes@brazos.rice.edu (David Boyes) (11/02/90)

In article <1937@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> falk@peregrine.Sun.COM (Ed Falk) writes:
>In article <892@demott.COM> kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) writes:
>>    I'm looking for any and all information on the CAD/CAM package called
>>CATIA. (Like the phone # of the company?).  Thanks - e-mail preferred.
>It's put out by Dassault (sp?) in France.  Due to an exclusive marketing
>agreement they have with IBM, it only runs on IBM mainframes.  In my
>opinion, it's the best CAD package in the world.
>	-ed falk, sun microsystems -- sun!falk, falk@sun.com

Actually, it also runs on PC/RTs and the RS/6000, too. It's
pretty nifty on an RT, and the demos I've seen on the RS/6000
really scream.

--
David Boyes       |The three most dangerous things in the world:
dboyes@rice.edu   |  1) a programmer with a soldering iron,
                  |  2) a hardware type with a program patch, and
"Delays, delays!" |  3) a user with an idea.