[comp.graphics] "Flip Book" Animator for X/Sunview

fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu (Paul Fishwick) (11/05/90)

We are building our graphics tools, and we are looking for a "flip book"
type of animator. The program would be as follows:

INPUT: a set of images (in some format such as Utah's .rle format)
PROGRAM: an animator capable of showing frames at some speed
OUTPUT: X-Windows or SUNVIEW

Does anyone have a C program for doing this? We would be grateful
for any help.

-paul

| Prof. Paul A. Fishwick.............. INTERNET: fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu|
| Complex Systems and Simulation Group UUCP: gatech!uflorida!fishwick     |
| Dept. of Computer Science........... PHONE: (904) 392-1414              |
| University of Florida............... FAX: (904) 392-1220                |
| Bldg. CSE, Room 301.................                                    |
| Gainesville, FL 32611...............                                    |

thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) (11/05/90)

In article <25244@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu
    (Paul Fishwick) writes:
>We are building our graphics tools, and we are looking for a "flip book"
>type of animator. The program would be as follows:

The 3.0 version of the Utah Raster Toolkit (UT) program getx11 has
enhanced support for "flip-book" style animation.  See the man page
on getx11 for more details.

						-- Rich
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs,uunet}!utah-cs!thomson
``If everybody is thinking the same thing, is anybody thinking?'' --Bob Johnson

eckert@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Toerless Eckert) (11/05/90)

From article <25244@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, by fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu (Paul Fishwick):

> We are building our graphics tools, and we are looking for a "flip book"
> type of animator. The program would be as follows:
>
> INPUT: a set of images (in some format such as Utah's .rle format)
> PROGRAM: an animator capable of showing frames at some speed
> OUTPUT: X-Windows or SUNVIEW

The khoros system provides a program called animator, which does this too.
--

Toerless Eckert          | /C=de/A=dbp/P=uni-erlangen/OU=informatik/S=eckert
V.4: Noah's ark of Unix  | X.400 ^ Internet> eckert@informatik.uni-erlangen.de