[comp.graphics] HPGL-to-PCL conversion program for the IBM PC?

ldl6737@rouge.usl.edu (Lafleur L Dwynn) (11/08/90)

Is there an IBM PC program that converts a file of HPGL commands (the graphics
language for Hewlett-Packard plotters) to a file of PCL commands (the language
for Hewlett-Packard Laserjet printers)?  I am surely not the first person with
this need, so I apologize if this query has previously been answered in this
newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.

L. Dwynn Lafleur
Department of Physics
University of Southwestern Louisiana

andrea@sdd.hp.com (Andrea K. Frankel) (11/08/90)

In article <18129@rouge.usl.edu> ldl6737@rouge.usl.edu (Lafleur L Dwynn) writes:
>Is there an IBM PC program that converts a file of HPGL commands (the graphics
>language for Hewlett-Packard plotters) to a file of PCL commands (the language
>for Hewlett-Packard Laserjet printers)?  I am surely not the first person with
>this need, so I apologize if this query has previously been answered in this
>newsgroup.

I know there are a number of more-or-less satisfactory converters
floating around, but if you want to go out and buy an off-the-shelf
one, HiJaak by Inset Systems, Inc. seems to work pretty well.

Andrea Frankel, Hewlett Packard, San Diego Technical Graphics Div., R&D Lab
	"wake now!  Discover that you are the song that the morning brings..."
Internet : andrea@sdd.hp.com (or andrea%hp-sdd@nosc.mil or @ucsd.edu)
UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive - Mailstop 61U65, San Diego CA 92127-1899
Voice    : (619) 592-4664