[comp.graphics] Problems with fbm converting DKBTrace pics...

news@uniol.UUCP (Postmaster Uniol) (11/08/90)

Hi there, Pixeloids,
I do have this particular problem:
I compiled DKBTrace on a local HP UX machine here, and it works just
fine. It runs fast, and did not dump any core so far. Now I want to display
the images I rendered on an Apollo 8 plane node. I ftp'ed fbm1.0, compiled
everything, and started my attempts in converting.
The manual of DKBTrace says: It will output files compatible to the
QRT data files... and fbm is supposed to be supporting this.
Now I first have to convert my raw data file into a .fbm file, which
still worked. Now, the .fbm file has to be converted into a 'mapped'
file (i suppose that means no true color information, but color info by
using tables pointing at colors). For this, I use fbquant.. but it crashed,
saying 'Segmentation fault'. Any clues ? Thanx to everyone who can
help, and an even bigger thanx to the authors of DKBTrace ! I love it ! :)
(Besides, sometimes the converter (and my showgif) got confused saying
the pictures were MacPaint files (which they certainly were NOT) )

So long,
Frank
--
+ Frank Neumann, Hauptstr. 107, 2900 Oldenburg, FRG   The Amiga is it.  +
+ Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de InHouse: amigo@faramir +

mahesh@cs.fau.edu (Mahesh Neelakanta) (11/08/90)

In article <3801@uniol.UUCP> news@uniol.UUCP (Postmaster Uniol) writes:
>help, and an even bigger thanx to the authors of DKBTrace ! I love it ! :)
>(Besides, sometimes the converter (and my showgif) got confused saying
>the pictures were MacPaint files (which they certainly were NOT) )

  I guess you are trying to convert the image to a gif file, right? If so,
then get the sources to qrt which happen to have a program to convert a
qrt image to a gif image (qrt2gif) If you have problems finding it, I can
put it up on one of the local sites at fau (with the hp-ux binaries).

Mahesh

Mahesh Neelakanta                               Internet: mahesh@cs.fau.edu
Florida Atlantic University                               mahesh@acc.fau.edu
(407) 367-3981                                  Bitnet:   mahesh@fauvax

            Autobots, transform and roll out! - Optimis Prime