[comp.graphics] Foley, van Dam, Feiner and Hughes

p_davis@epik.enet.dec.com (Peter Davis) (11/09/90)

In article <55594@brunix.UUCP>, jfh@cs.brown.edu (John Forbes Hughes) writes...
>There has been a second printing done. Many of the bugs on the bug list have
>been corrected in this printing. Of course, many of the bugs were discovered
>after the second printing went to press (alas).

Is there a third printing planned?

Also, is there an easy way to distinguish the second printing from the first on
store shelves?

Thanks.
-pd

jhanks@hubcap.clemson.edu (Jim Hanks) (11/09/90)

sorry to come in late on this discussion, but where can I get a copy of
that bug list?

jfh@cs.brown.edu (John Forbes Hughes) (11/09/90)

In article <17092@shlump.nac.dec.com> p_davis@epik.enet.dec.com (Peter Davis) writes:

>In article <55594@brunix.UUCP>, jfh@cs.brown.edu (John Forbes Hughes) writes...
>>There has been a second printing done. Many of the bugs on the bug list have
>>been corrected in this printing. Of course, many of the bugs were discovered
>>after the second printing went to press (alas).
>
>Is there a third printing planned?
>
>Also, is there an easy way to distinguish the second printing from the first on
>store shelves?

I have great hopes that there will be a third printing. If all you folks out
there in netland buy a copy, there probably will be:-) I confess that I don't
know of any easy way to tell the first from the second printing, except to
have you look for some of the bug-fixes that were made:

(1) In color Plate III.20, all three cubes should have the red side on the left.
(2) The quoted paragraph at the front of the preface should not contain the
    phrase "help make graphcis programming rational and straightforward"
    twice: it should be there only once.

-John Hughes