[comp.graphics] Tif to anything

kevinc@cs.athabascau.ca (Kevin Crocker) (11/29/90)

Hi all, I need to convert a MacIntosh generated scan of a company logo
(used with permission) into anything that my PC can recognize.  The
logo was scanned using a MicroTek MSF-300C using VersaScan and I was
given this TIFF file.  I tried to use tiftoppm (or is it tiftopgm)
but it doesn't work -- it says that the file header is invalid.
I also tried an old version of Hijaak - it also said invalid
header.  Is there anything else that I can try.

I have been given permission to reprint a research instrument but I
need to be able to capture the logo - and the only scanner that I have
available is the MicroTek one.

Kevin
--
Kevin "auric" Crocker Athabasca University
UUCP: ...!{alberta,ncc}!atha!kevinc

thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) (11/29/90)

In article <460@aupair.cs.athabascau.ca>
	kevinc@cs.athabascau.ca (Kevin Crocker) writes:
>I tried to use tiftoppm (or is it tiftopgm) but it doesn't work
>Is there anything else that I can try.

You might want to try tiftorle, a conversion tool for the Utah Raster
Toolkit.  The URT and the TIFF library that tiftorle is based on are
both available via anonymous ftp:

    URT		cs.utah.edu		pub/urt-3.0.tar.Z
					pub/urt-3.0.patch1
    TIFF	ucbvax.berkeley.edu	pub/tiff/v2.2.tar.Z

					-- Rich
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs,uunet}!utah-cs!thomson
    ``Read my MIPs -- no new VAXes!!''  --George Bush after sniffing freon