[comp.graphics] Autodesk Animator animations

skrbec@motcid.UUCP (Brad Skrbec) (11/26/90)

A couple of weeks ago, Chris Arps (chris@ncmicro.lonestar.org)
posted an article indicating that he had an Autodesk Animator
animation of a ray traced glass ball changing size.  I have
since been unable to contact Chris to express my interest in this
animation.

Does anyone else have any interesting/visually appealing animations
for AA?  Know where they can be found (No FTP here :-()?

Great gratitude and appreciation in advance for any information
leading to the capture of some of these rascals!

| Brad Skrbec                | "For it is the doom of men that they forget." |
| Motorola Cellular          |                             -- Merlin         |
| Arlington Heights, IL      | UUCP: uunet!motcid!skrbec                     |
|                            | Internet: motcid!skrbec@uunet.uu.net          |

zap@lysator.liu.se (Zap Andersson) (11/28/90)

skrbec@motcid.UUCP (Brad Skrbec) writes:

>A couple of weeks ago, Chris Arps (chris@ncmicro.lonestar.org)
>posted an article indicating that he had an Autodesk Animator
>animation of a ray traced glass ball changing size.  I have
>since been unable to contact Chris to express my interest in this
>animation.

>Does anyone else have any interesting/visually appealing animations
>for AA?  Know where they can be found (No FTP here :-()?

But of course! I have almost 60 megabytes of raytraced AA animations, How about
a fly-by over a raytraced bicycle in a brick basement, some spacecrafts
(including a klingon Battlecruiser)? Bouncing red chrome sphere over nice
patterned floor (an Imagetects Texturemap)? A few gears rotating?
Or a flyby over a alarmclock, a matchbox, a wooden table and a shining table
lamp? Or.... whatever.

You name it - I got it. If I ain't got it - I'll create it!

How I create them? Hold on to your hats, boy's and gal's in comp.gfx, coz soon
there will be a post about a rather nice RayTracing program for raytracing
AutoCAD objects... written by.... ME! (Audience goes aaaahhhhh!)

((But it's not ready yet... a few more late nights.... ;-))

>Great gratitude and appreciation in advance for any information
>leading to the capture of some of these rascals!

And I don't to ftp either, sorry. If anyone's interested it'll be via
harware (i.e. disks via snail) or similar.... mail me, we'll talk!

>| Brad Skrbec                | "For it is the doom of men that they forget." |
>| Motorola Cellular          |                             -- Merlin         |
>| Arlington Heights, IL      | UUCP: uunet!motcid!skrbec                     |
>|                            | Internet: motcid!skrbec@uunet.uu.net          |

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* My signature is smaller than  *
* yours!  - zap@lysator.liu.se  *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

zap@lysator.liu.se (Zap Andersson) (11/29/90)

zap@lysator.liu.se (Zap Andersson) writes:  I WRITE, goddamnit, stupid NN!

>skrbec@motcid.UUCP (Brad Skrbec) writes:

>>A couple of weeks ago, Chris Arps (chris@ncmicro.lonestar.org)
>>posted an article indicating that he had an Autodesk Animator
>>animation of a ray traced glass ball changing size.  I have
>>since been unable to contact Chris to express my interest in this
>>animation.

>>Does anyone else have any interesting/visually appealing animations
>>for AA?  Know where they can be found (No FTP here :-()?

>But of course! I have almost 60 megabytes of raytraced AA animations, How about
>a fly-by over a raytraced bicycle in a brick basement, some spacecrafts
>(including a klingon Battlecruiser)? Bouncing red chrome sphere over nice
>patterned floor (an Imagetects Texturemap)? A few gears rotating?
>Or a flyby over a alarmclock, a matchbox, a wooden table and a shining table
>lamp? Or.... whatever.

>You name it - I got it. If I ain't got it - I'll create it!

>How I create them? Hold on to your hats, boy's and gal's in comp.gfx, coz soon
>there will be a post about a rather nice RayTracing program for raytracing
>AutoCAD objects... written by.... ME! (Audience goes aaaahhhhh!)

Yeah, like, forgot to mention, though, that the RayHack is a commercial
product, i.e. Non PD, but it will be realcheep.... and today it only
runs on PC, but will run on anything (anythng = Sun, Sparc, Dec and Mac)
if I get the time to port it and it sells enough to do so...

A BIG post about it will pop up realsoonnow.

BUT as I said, my ANIMATIONS I gladly give away!

>((But it's not ready yet... a few more late nights.... ;-))
Yeah, right ;-)

>>Great gratitude and appreciation in advance for any information
>>leading to the capture of some of these rascals!

>And I don't to ftp either, sorry. If anyone's interested it'll be via
>harware (i.e. disks via snail) or similar.... mail me, we'll talk!

Like, right. No Ftp, No nuffi'n! It's hardware or nothing ;-)

>>| Brad Skrbec                | "For it is the doom of men that they forget." |
>>| Motorola Cellular          |                             -- Merlin         |
>>| Arlington Heights, IL      | UUCP: uunet!motcid!skrbec                     |
>>|                            | Internet: motcid!skrbec@uunet.uu.net          |

>--
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>* My signature is smaller than  *
>* yours!  - zap@lysator.liu.se  *
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>--
>* My signature is smaller than  *
>* yours!  - zap@lysator.liu.se  *

Now who put THAT ^^^ here TWICE? Hrmpg!

(Ok, don't flame me for it being here twice AGAIN below, or for it not
being smallr than yours and I KNOW about the inverse correlation between
signature and penis size ok ok ok ok ok! Thanx!

--